|ID:||Start:||Duration:||Application deadline:||Interview period:|
|ETD000003||January 2017||4-13 months||Open||Running|
To apply, email email@example.com referring to the ID-Number of your position of interest. Kindly also fill in our application form and attach it to the mail. Rename the application form: ‘name application form’ (Ex: John Smith application form) and include the ID-Number above in the email subject.
Want to experience a new culture? Like to try teaching? The communities we serve would love to meet you.
Be part of our journey.
Our team is looking for volunteer/intern teachers to play a teaching and administrative role in our Community Centres. Community Centres aim to bring free education to Malaysia’s poor and underserved communities by establishing education centres across the country, providing English, Computer and Life skills classes. We need passionate people who would want to work and live at one of our many centres. You will become an active member of a local community, while working to make a difference improving the lives of others. We teach housewives, young children, youth and working adults on a daily basis. Volunteer with us and return home with the satisfaction of having contributed to the local people and experienced a new culture
Length of Experience: 3 – 13 months (1 month training + 3 months placement/ 12 months placement )
The Volunteer teacher plays the role of an assistant to the Community Centre Manager (CCM). The Volunteer teacher is to assist the Community Centre Manager (CCM) in areas including the performance of the community centre, meeting the centre objectives, and running daily classes including English, computer and life skills classes. The Volunteer teacher will assist the CCM in daily administration, accounts of the centre, and community engagement in the form of organizing monthly community events. This position will also include assisting the CCM in planning, developing, coordinating, implementing and evaluating a range of community initiatives.
- Gain practical and professional skills and international work experience.
- Great opportunity for personal growth and development skills enhancement
- Make a difference in the lives of others.
- Gain a unique experience by immersing yourself within a local community.
4-6 hours daily
- Assisting in teaching;
- Classroom management;
2-4 hours daily
- Administration and reporting;
- Community Engagement;
- Assisting the Community Centre Manager with any other tasks related to centre management, education and social empowerment projects
- Minimum food allowance is provided
- Basic accommodation at centre location.
- This is an unpaid internship
- Able to commit to a minimum of 3 months to gain full exposure of a learning centre and its team and management.
- IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge or any other English qualifications are an added advantage.
- If a candidate is shortlisted for the interview. and does not possess any English qualification he/she will be required to complete an English assessment (a link will be sent in the interview invite) prior to the interview.
- High Proficiency/Native speakers in English.
- Native or Advanced Proficiency in English (written and verbal).
- Passionate about community development and changing lives of underserved communities.
- Able to assist and support the Community Centre Manager.
- Send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click the apply now button below to download the application form