The Digital Skills Intern will, while focused on digital literacy, work directly with online trainers to develop students and teachers’ digital skills and introduce them to the latest tools and teaching materials, including Google for Education apps and other free online resources.
This internship will provide you with an opportunity to learn more about edutech and how digital tools can enhance the teaching and learning experience in educational institutions. As part of the internship, you will develop great insights into Google for Education applications and you will undergo training and certification as Google Certified Educator Level 1.
What do I get?
What do I need?
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Working knowledge and implementation of G Suite, digital skills, and communication technology as work tools.
- Familiarity with digital tools and its application with the ability to break down technical jargon for a non-technical audience.
- Must have the ability to report remotely to work on a daily and punctual basis;
- Strong interpersonal skills, a positive and enthusiastic attitude, and a commitment to contribute to a positive work environment;
- Passionate for edutech, training, and social work;
- Strong proficiency in English and Bahasa Malaysia (oral and written);
- Excellent people and community skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative and effective working relationship with others;
- Understanding of SOLS 24/7 values, principles and objectives and demonstrated ability to put them into practice in the workplace;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a multidisciplinary team.
What will I do?
- Deliver and/or assist in digital skills classes through online delivery.
- Develop content and materials for digital skills programmes, classes, and webinars.
- Support class-related administrative matters, including attendance, marks, feedback, class scheduling, certification, and more.
- Collaborate with the team in piloting and testing digital skills programmes.
- Conduct research in online education trends, platforms, programmes, and online tools and applications.
Key Targets and Results:
- Content development
- Content delivery
- Timely reporting on administration processes