At SOLS 24/7, we believe in the power of technology and we have been championing digital tools and online education in the region for the past 20 years. Through our vast experience working with schools, teachers and students in Malaysia, we understand their needs in online education. The COVID-19 pandemic has exposed the limitations of in-class teaching delivery and online education has become more important than ever before.
The Digital Skills Trainer will work to develop students and teachers’ digital skills and introduce them to the latest tools and teaching materials, including Google Workspace, Google for Education apps and other free online resources.
This role has the potential to impact the education attainment and employability of hundreds of Malaysians and to contribute to the growth of an impact organisation that serves the Bottom 40%.
What do I get?
What do I need?
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
Preferred experience and knowledge
- Working knowledge and implementation of Google Workspace, digital skills, and communication technology as work tools.
- Familiarity with digital tools application with the ability to break down technical jargon for a non-technical audience.
- Teaching / training experience.
- Syllabus / curriculum design experience preferred.
Necessary technical, functional or language skills
- Must have the ability to report remotely to work on a daily and punctual basis;
- Strong interpersonal skills, a positive and enthusiastic attitude, and a commitment to contribute to a positive work environment;
- Passionate for edutech, training, and social work;
- Strong proficiency in English and Bahasa Malaysia (oral and written);
- Excellent people and community skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others;
- Values data as a tool for monitoring, learning and improvement;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a multidisciplinary team;
- Continued professional development to stay current with changing technology;
- Eye for detail and identifying improvements;
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
What will I do?
- Deliver training as per the agreed hours and schedule for the assigned classes online or at our client’s venue;
- Deliver training to different students aged between 9-79 years old;
- Coordinate, track and report the progress of students;
- Manage the classroom, proactively engage students and ensure students actively participate in lessons and classroom activities;
- Teach the SOLS 24/7 education programs and follow the organisation teaching methodology;
- Implement the online learning tools and content required by the project objectives;
- Assign tasks and homework to students as per the programme requirements.
2. Curriculum development
- Design educational content for Digital Skills in order to meet the organisation objectives;
- Design evaluation tools for students;
- Collaborate with the team in piloting and testing digital skills programmes;
- Conduct research in online education trends, platforms, programmes, and online tools and applications;
- Advise and train other team members on content development procedures and standards.
- Carry out all aspects of class management, administration and coordination, including but not limited to attendance reports, assessments, and progress reports;
- Monitor and evaluate students consistently, including their attendance and progress in class and through the assignments given;
- Report progress and provide updates to management and relevant departments and maintain communication with management by preparing and sending reports on a regular basis;
- Collect all necessary data for project implementation and evaluation;
- Participate in formal and non-formal functions of the organisation and our clients, as advised by the organisation;
- Liaise with project stakeholders and provide information and data as necessary;
- Other administrative tasks requested by the management, as and when required.