Our mission is to serve, educate & empower the bottom 40% with education, personal development & employment support.
Through various education, social empowerment programmes, an online education platform and apps targeted for the B40, SOLS 24/7 works unconditionally towards transforming underserved communities, enabling them to break the cycle of poverty and move towards middle-class society.
As part of the senior management team, reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors (Trustees), the Fundraising Director will provide the necessary vision, strategy, leadership and fundraising to enable SOLS to consistently and effectively finance its impact and operations and meet strategic growth targets.
What do I get?
An opportunity for growth - personally and professionally.
Create Real Impact
Know that the work you do changes lives every single day.
Work in the New Normal
Use technology to increase work productivity and effectiveness.
What do I need?
- At least 10 years experience with impact sector fundraising (directly or indirectly) including 3 years in a Senior or Executive Fundraising Leadership position.
- Consistently closed individual grants larger than USD100,000 to meet overall fundraising targets in excess of USD 1 Million per year.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic and business/fundraising plans.
- Familiarity with SOLS impact domains, and with international, regional and local Funders and funding channels appropriate to SOLS’ impact sectors.
- Track record of growing fundraising in medium to large non-profits.
- International level English.
- Proficiency in Bahasa Malaysia would be helpful.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong leadership skills.
- Creative thinking.
- Knowledge of the fundraising environment and of a range of techniques and disciplines which will support the cost effective generation of income.
- Convincing and persuasive written and oral skills (English) with the ability to present and convey complex ideas and issues clearly and coherently.
- Ability to evaluate the type of initiatives and programmes within the scope of the post and initiate, develop and deliver new initiatives that build on their successes.
- Friendly, calm, open, honest communication style.
- Dependable, reliable and responsible.
- Caring and generous in sharing experience and expertise with a team.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously, take initiative and make decisions.
- Well organised and detail-oriented.
- Strong connection with SOLS 24/7 cause, core values and strategic direction.
- Strong commitment to fundraising ethics and integrity.
What will I do?
- Lead the annual fundraising planning process to produce cost-effective strategies to achieve income targets via a range of revenue streams including Foundation Grants, CSR and Individual Giving.
- Identify new potential income streams and produce strategies to access these funds.
- Integrate and work closely with Programme Teams to ensure a unified approach to fundraising.
- Create effective, high-quality proposals and reports for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Create a culture of accountability within the Fundraising department and the other relevant Department Leads.
- Lead and support the set-up of clear, concise and up-to-date data and dashboards that support and enable fundraising decision-making.
- Set up appropriate fundraising and reporting systems.
- Build and establish long term relationships with donors.
- Manage, grow and capacity build SOLS fundraising team and implement strategies to improve performance.
- Contribute as a senior leader towards building organisational culture and support wider strategic decision making.
Interested in this position?