At SOLS Energy, our mission is to connect people, businesses and humanitarians to real sustainable energy solutions.
The Marcomms Manager will be responsible for developing, owning and implementing marketing communications strategies to achieve the mission of the company. This is a role that involves a mix of creative, technical, analytical and project management skills. It requires a candidate that is passionate about using the power of communications to create social impact through data-driven and forward-thinking communication strategies.
In addition, the Marcomms Manager will also manage the nonprofit’s Marcomms team and be involved in projects related to digital marketing, branding, social media, partnerships, media & overseeing the online learning platform.
What do I get?
What do I need?
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or similar;
- Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Hubspot & Google Analytics qualifications are not necessary, but an advantage.
- A minimum of 3-5 years working experience in marketing, communications, public relations, agency work, or similar.
- Experienced in project management;
- Positive about influencing a community for the better through free education;
- Able to cooperate closely with your colleagues & stakeholders.
Necessary technical, functional or language skills
- Proficient in English;
- Must have the ability to report remotely to work on a regular and punctual basis, despite working in flexible schedule;
- Knowledge of Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Google Analytics, Hubspot & GetResponse, or similar digital marketing tools;
- Working knowledge and implementation of Google Suites, computers and current communication technology as work tools;
- Excellent people and communication skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative and effective working relationship with others;
- Understanding of SOLS Energy and SOLS 24/7 values, principles and objectives and demonstrated the ability to put them into practice in the workplace;
- Excellent writing, presentation and communications skills;
- Attention to detail and organization;
- Media relations experience;
- Ability to multitask effectively, managing multiple projects to meet deadlines and priorities;
- Ability to manage third-party agencies, partners, and vendors.
What will I do?
Content & Branding
- Ensure the SOLS Energy and SOLS 24/7 branding and tone is accurately displayed across all online assets;
- Content review and approval for outgoing communication materials through social media, newsletter publications and inter-departmental collateral requests, among others;
- Ensure that content contributes towards the organisation’s larger objectives.
- Liaise with external partners to build and maintain a good working relationship;
- Explore new opportunities that are relevant and have the potential to contribute towards organisational growth.
- Includes Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Social Media, among others;
- Create new ad campaigns to meet organizational objectives;
- Continuously optimize the performance of existing ad campaigns;
- Ensure that the Google Ad Grants account compliance requirements are fulfilled;
- Monitor performance of online platforms (bookings, schedulings, leads, etc) and make recommendations to the content team;
- Monitor performance of advertising campaigns and feedback best-performing assets with the Marcomms team (copy/graphics/video etc);
- Oversee all social media channels and ensuring online community is engaged with the brand;
- Monthly report to determine ROI of digital campaigns;
- Utilize digital marketing best practices and keep up-to-date with the latest trends/insights/technology.
- Ideate angles for media stories with use of organization-owned data;
- Prepare press releases and media galleries;
- Disseminate press release to media outlets & follow-up until publication;
- Update the media contact database and engage relevant outlets when required.
Online Learning Platform
- Monitor overall performance of online learning platform (bookings, classes etc);
- Ensure the platform’s UX is upheld by checking for broken links, slow page load speeds or busy visual display of information with web developer;
- Review class details at random to ensure there are no errors;
- Community engagement with users who have experienced difficulties on the platform;
- Ensure timely upload of new class content by the publishing team.