To undertake and evaluate specialized psychological assessment and/or assessment treatments and other types of clinical intervention with individual service users, caregivers, families, groups of service users, etc.; staff training; research and development activity. To work independently on a day-to-day basis under supervision and subject to review at regular intervals, in accordance towards membership with Malaysian Society of Clinical Psychology (MSCP) and licensing with the Lembaga Kaunselor Malaysia guidelines.
- To undertake and meet the requirements of a structured program of learning including personal study, academic work, research, placement learning and assessment leading to the award of the Masters in Clinical Psychology or Masters in Counseling.
- Carry a clinical case load nd practice within the scope of professional practice to clinical discipline
- Carries out complex psychological assessments (applicable to clinical psychologist intern) sensitively and independently with a broad range of client groups including individual psychometric testing sessions.
- Plans and implements individualized formulation-driven psychological intervention, evidence-based, empathically, sensitively with a broad range of clients
- Formulates the nature, causes and maintaining factors of highly distressing psychological difficulties and presentations informed by a broad range of potentially conflicting clinical, theoretical and conceptual models, the empirical, experimental and clinical literature base and the results of assessment.
- Communicates such formulations professionally, sensitively and diplomatically frequently in an emotive atmosphere to service users, relatives, caregivers and other healthcare professionals relevant to the case.
- Is required to travel to placements across a large geographical area and visits a range of settings on placement, including home visits; ability to drive is desirable.
- To ensure self-development, maintenance and dissemination of the highest professional standards of practice, through active participation in internal and external continuing professional development (CPD) training and development programs.