Clinical Psychologist Counselor (SOLS Health)
To undertake and evaluate specialized psychological assessment and/or assessment treatments and other types of clinical intervention with individual service users, caregivers, families, groups of service users, etc.; staff training; research and development activity. To work independently on a day-to-day basis under supervision and subject to review at regular intervals, in accordance towards membership with Malaysian Society of Clinical Psychology (MSCP) and licensing with the Lembaga Kaunselor Malaysia guidelines. Working days and hours are flexible / appointment basis.
What is working in SOLS 24/7 like?
What do I get?
*Note: Based on Malaysian Immigration approval
What do I need?
- Current active member/in the process of applying for membership or licensed from professional regulatory bodies such as but not limited to American Psychological Association (APA), British Psychological Society (BPS), Australian Psychology Society (APS), Malaysian Society of Clinical Psychology (MSCP), Board of Counsellor Malaysia, Association of Marriage and Family Therapy Malaysia (AMFTM), Malaysian Association of Social Workers (MASW), National Association of Social Worker (NASW), etc.
What will I do?
- Carry a clinical case load and practice within the scope of professional practice to clinical discipline
- Carry out complex psychological assessments (where applicable) sensitively and independently with a broad range of client groups including individual psychometric testing sessions.
- Plan and implement individualized formulation-driven psychological intervention, evidence-based, empathically, sensitively with a broad range of clients
- To assist in the coordination and running of therapeutic groups or community programs.
- To keep appropriate records of work and inform referrers and relevant others through letters or reports.
- To work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- To follow a person-focused and evidence-based approach.
- To potentially travel to placements across a large geographical area and visit a range of settings on placement, including home visits.
- To follow the advice and policies of the placement provider, including knowledge, awareness of, and compliance with the legal framework relevant to the placement and client group.
- To be familiar with and abide by confidentiality and information handling and storage guidelines of the placement provider and regulatory bodies.
- To attend and participate in administrative and service planning meetings.
- To practice and conduct themselves in accordance with the regulations of i.e. Malaysian Society of Clinical Psychology (MSCP) and Lembaga Kaunselor Malaysia.
- Facilitate process-based and psychoeducational groups
- Work with all clients in the outpatient community as needed, including crisis de-escalation and conflict resolution
- Participate in team meetings and collaborates with the team to strengthen and maintain quality service provision
- Respect, sensitivity, cultural awareness is evident in interpersonal relationships
- Acknowledge cultural differences by respecting spiritual beliefs, cultural practices and lifestyle choices
Therapy session at SOLS Health
Couples therapy session at SOLS Health
Interested or have any questions regarding the position?
Please apply here or contact us at +60390549247 for further information.
SOLS Health is a mental health centre that connects clients to accessible individual, family and community mental health and nutritional services with an emphasis on combating the stigma of mental health in Malaysia.
We will not stop until behavioural health is recognised and accepted in the same light as going to the doctor for your medical problems. We exist because we believe that there is no health without mental health.