SOLS 24/7 works unconditionally towards transforming underserved communities to become aware of their true potential, break the cycle of poverty and move towards middle-class society. Through various education, social empowerment programmes, an online education platform: Progressive Web app and android app targeted for the bottom 40% of the population, SOLS 24/7 provides free education, and vocational and social empowerment programmes to communities with a strong focus in Malaysia and Indonesia..
Under the overall guidance of the CEO and direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Executive will be responsible for M&E design, strategic oversight, monitoring projects and providing high quality and timely inputs for action and learning. The ultimate goal is to ensure that projects achieve the intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner.
The MEL Executive will be responsible for designing programme logical frameworks; planning and implementing M&E activities; collecting and analysing data related to project activities; and assisting project managers in preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress.
The MEL Executive will work in close collaboration with project teams, the Fundraising, and Education departments, and may take part in on-the-ground data collection.
What do I get?
An opportunity for growth - personally and professionally.
Create Real Impact
Know that the work you do changes lives every single day.
Work in the New Normal
Use technology to increase work productivity and effectiveness.
What do I need?
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
- Candidates must have completed an Undergraduate / Graduate Degree programme of a recognised institution in a
- Graduates of Social Sciences / Development Studies / Social Studies are welcomed to apply
- Minimum one year of prior professional experience in a related position is preferred.
Necessary technical, functional or language skills
- English proficiency (B2-C1 level)
- Bahasa Malaysia proficiency is an advantage
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the SOLS values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of SOLS;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Fluent in English;
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships;
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines;
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff to facilitate the provision of support;
- In-depth knowledge on M&E, data collection and analysis technology, digital tools for office work (data visualisation apps: Tableau, PowerBi, Data Studio etc.) ;
- Knowledge on community and social work, impact organisations, fundraising, and education preferred;
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems, to work in a team and autonomously, in person and remotely;
- Consistently approaches work with a positive, constructive attitude, an eye for detail and seeking to improve processes;
- Demonstrates openness to feedback, improvement, change and has ability to manage complexities.
What will I do?
- Design, define tools, develop and strengthen monitoring and evaluation procedures and plans (impact indicators, project performance tracking, qualitative and quantitative data collection, monitoring project timelines, compliance checks, and risk mitigation strategies);
- Ensure data compliance with donors;
- Assist project personnel with M&E tools and support them in their use;
- Organize and conduct M&E training for project and organisation staff;
- Develop and prepare risk logs and logic models for new and ongoing projects;
- Prepare, maintain and format database systems in numeric and visual formats as requested;
- Ensure outcomes and lessons learnt are integrated into the project, and shared with relevant stakeholders;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, and annual progress reports as per project requirements on all project activities to project managers, decision makers, and donors;
- Take lead in project and program evaluations when required to implement focus group discussions and other
Interested in this position?