Community Centre Manager
When applying for a position as a Community Centre Manager (CCM) it is important that you understand your profile, our vision and the cause you will be working for. Being a CCM does not equal living a lavish lifestyle. You will be educating an underserved community teaching different ethnic groups between 7-70 years old.
Through you and the volunteer teacher’s professionalism, your students will be able to grab opportunities that may occur in their life. By learning and being educated, your students will have a feeling of success which is amongst the necessities to break the cycle of poverty. Our community centres offer free English, IT & Motivation education to underserved communities. We believe in education as the best weapon to fight poverty.
This means you have to be passionate about empowering underserved communities. If you have experience in this field of work you will already have a sense of what to expect. However, as a first-timer, you must be aware that teaching and living in rural areas might come across as a cultural shock. Therefore, dedication to the cause is a must. Through your work, you will be contributing to a society raised with difficult challenges, poverty and a lack of self-belief.
On a personal level, you will learn and benefit a lot from being devoted to managing the daily tasks of a community centre made for serving an underserved community.
We will offer you a visa, 1 month of training, EPF, SOSCO and free basic accommodation. You will be applying for our community centres in Johor, Terengganu & Langkawi.
What you should expect
As a Community Centre Manager, you will gain a lot of cultural experience and knowledge in relation to the lifestyle in rural areas. The organization provides the necessities for you to have a humble lifestyle but you have to be ready for the personal challenges you might meet living in a community centre area – it is a lifestyle far from the one you know. You will be immersed in the local community on a daily basis and be part of a strong team who are all dedicated to empower and help people through free education.
- Able to manage, administer and execute the operation of running a centre;
- Passionate about being in charge of a Community Centre made to serve the marginalised community;
- Experienced in teaching English in a structured manner (preferred);
- Dedicated to educating an underserved community raised in poverty;
- Positive about influencing a community for the better through your free education;
- Enthusiastic about creating a positive learning environment that caters the beneficiaries needs;
- Prepared to cooperate closely with your colleagues & beneficiaries.
The CCM will be accountable for daily administration, monthly accounts of the centre and community engagement in the form of organizing monthly community events and networking and identifying NGOs. This position includes planning, developing, coordinating, implementing and evaluating a range of community initiatives. The CCM is the main point of contact between the Community Centre and the organization.
- Planning and preparing classes;
- Teaching according to the education needs of students;
- Teaching according to the SOLS 24/7 Science of Language System;
- Attain and maintain student participation.
Community Engagement (25%)
- Daily management of a Community Centre;
- Collaborate and work with local community leaders;
- Establish and maintain good relationships with the local community;
- Create and implement community activities and programmes such as sports, environmental awareness, etc.
Other Activities (15%)
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports;
- Give students advice on future careers;
- Immerse yourself and try to understand the lives of the local community.
- Able to commit to a minimum of 1-month training + minimum 6 or preferable 12 months placement to gain full exposure;
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree;
- High Proficiency in written & spoken English;
- Must have a motorcycle licence;
- IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge or any other English qualifications are not necessary, but an advantage.
Interested or have any questions regarding the position?
Please apply here or contact us at +60390549247 for further information.
Applications close on 19th August 2019.
SOLS 24/7 Foundation
Being a part of our foundation means that you will share our vision that people from all communities – regardless of race, religion or gender, will equally have education and social empowerment services accessible. We have a vision that will ensure developed societies with equal opportunities for all. We are an impact-driven humanitarian organisation that values transparency in our collaboration with partners which ensures that our devotion to serving the underserved communities helps break the cycle of poverty. We always aim for long-term sustainable solutions to be implemented which requires that we as an organisation are adequate in our services to the community.
We work hard every day for the sake of giving back to the community. We operate through a diverse range of high-impact programmes designed to increase the opportunities and quality of life for beneficiaries from many different underserved communities. We conduct our programmes through our foundation’s 4 main sectors: education, technology, mental health and renewable energy.