Digital Skills Associate
The Digital Skills Associate will assist programme teachers and trainers to build their training Modules and help them to introduce the latest digital tools and teaching materials including Google for Education apps and third-party online resources such as Coursera, Khan Academy, TEDEd, edX and more. The associate will also work with the trainers to help them teach, train and guide on the SOLS education programmes to improve the participants digital literacy coaching skills. Likewise is problem-solving the challenges the students meet with inclusion in the digital age, a part of the programme as well.
Apart from this, the official will also support the sales of Google Chromebooks and help in liaise with external stakeholders in expanding the capacity of partners to use the educational device to improve digital literacy.
What is working with SOLS 24/7 like?
Assist in the development of the training modules
Closely monitor the project to ensure it runs smoothly
Market research to survey customer preferences for the training modules
What do I get?
*Note: Based on Malaysian Immigration approval
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Required
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business & Management Studies, or Communications & Media Studies;
- Familiarity with digital tools and it’s application with the ability to breakdown technical jargon for a non-technical audience;
- Strong interpersonal skills, a positive and enthusiastic attitude, and a commitment to contribute to a positive work environment;
- Knowledge and/or experience of the voluntary sector;
- Experience and ability to work with people and enthusiasm;
- Strong knowledge in Google products like Google trainings , Google Chromebooks etc;
- Knowledge in Market Research and Project Management;
- Must have the ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis, despite working in flexible schedule;
- Passionate about community development and management in both individual and wide community intervention;
- Working knowledge and implementation of Google Suites, computers and current communication technology as work tools;
- Strong proficiency in English essential (oral and written);
- Excellent people and community skill;
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others;
- Understanding of SOLS 24/7 values, principles and objectives and demonstrated ability to put them into practice in the workplace;
- Proven ability in the areas of organization skills, conflict resolution, advocacy and group facilitation;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a multidisciplinary team.
What will I do?
Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the development of the training modules made by the digital skills officer in SOLS 24/7;
- Should have an idea on content development for training programmes and education modules under SOLS 24/7;
- Understand the various programmes under SOLS 24/7, including best practices to increase digital adoption;
- Closely monitors each project to ensure that projects remain on track, meet deadlines, stay under budget, and develop according to plan;
- Designed and managed the launch event for all the training modules;
- Work with the trainers during training programmes to ensure the preparation of logistics, communication to the participants and pre-post events are managed properly;
- Support the programme execution and to contribute towards the development of the programme objectives;
- They would be responsible not only for identifying project objectives, but ensuring that they are met;
- Support the sales of Google Chromebooks and to use the educational device to improve digital literacy;
- Give technical assistance to team members as and when applicable;
- Build the capacity of partners to leverage Google Chromebooks as an educational device to support the digital literacy goals of the programmes;
- Provide strategic support on the growth, reach and purchase of Google Chromebooks for partners i.e. how would using the device help improve digital literacy within the underserved communities.
Interested or have any questions regarding the position?
Please apply here or contact us at +60390549247 for further information.
Applications close on 30th October 2019.
SOLS smart is a social enterprise created to provide high quality and easy education accessible to everyone by combining the best practices of education and technology. SOLS smart is a certified Cambridge English Language Assessment Centre and Google for Education partner.
With a belief in the importance of simplicity, we offer English language training by use of an award-winning methodology. By joining our team you will be part of a social enterprise that has taught people English proficiency from scratch in universities and large corporations. Students who finish our CEFR-aligned English programmes will be eligible to take the Cambridge English Examination to receive a certification.