Digital Skills Intern
At SOLS 24/7, we are staunch believers of the power of technology and we have been championing digital tools and online education in the region for the past 20 years. Through our vast experience working with schools, teachers and students in Malaysia, we understand their needs in online education. The COVID-19 pandemic has exposed the limitations of in-class teaching delivery and online education has become more important than ever before.
The Digital Skills Intern will, while focused on digital literacy, work directly with online trainers to develop students and teachers’ digital skills and introduce them to the latest tools and teaching materials, including Google for Education apps and other free online resources.
This internship will provide you with an opportunity to learn more about edutech and how digital tools can enhance the teaching and learning experience in educational institutions. As part of the internship, you will develop great insights into Google for Education applications and you will undergo training and certification as Google Certified Educator Level 1.
What do I get?
for position-related tasks
Letter of Recommendation
Get mentored by
What do I need?
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Working knowledge and implementation of G Suite, digital skills, and communication technology as work tools.
- Familiarity with digital tools and its application with the ability to break down technical jargon for a non-technical audience.
- Must have the ability to report remotely to work on a daily and punctual basis;
- Strong interpersonal skills, a positive and enthusiastic attitude, and a commitment to contribute to a positive work environment;
- Passionate for edutech, training, and social work;
- Strong proficiency in English and Bahasa Malaysia (oral and written);
- Excellent people and community skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative and effective working relationship with others;
- Understanding of SOLS 24/7 values, principles and objectives and demonstrated ability to put them into practice in the workplace;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a multidisciplinary team.
What will I do?
- Deliver and/or assist in digital skills classes through online delivery.
- Develop content and materials for digital skills programmes, classes, and webinars.
- Support class-related administrative matters, including attendance, marks, feedback, class scheduling, certification, and more.
- Collaborate with the team in piloting and testing digital skills programmes.
- Conduct research in online education trends, platforms, programmes, and online tools and applications.
Key Targets and Results:
- Content development
- Content delivery
- Timely reporting on administration processes
What is working in SOLS 24/7 like?
Interested in the position?
SOLS 24/7 Foundation
Being a part of our foundation means that you will share our vision that people from all communities – regardless of race, religion or gender, will equally have education and social empowerment services accessible. We have a vision that will ensure developed societies with equal opportunities for all. We are an impact-driven humanitarian organisation that values transparency in our collaboration with partners which ensures that our devotion to serving the underserved communities helps break the cycle of poverty. We always aim for long-term sustainable solutions to be implemented which requires that we as an organisation are adequate in our services to the community.
We work hard every day for the sake of giving back to the community. We operate through a diverse range of high-impact programmes designed to increase the opportunities and quality of life for beneficiaries from many different underserved communities. We conduct our programmes through our foundation’s 4 main sectors: education, technology, mental health and renewable energy.
If you have any questions regarding the position, contact us.