Digital Skills Officer
The Digital Skills Officer, while focused on digital literacy, will work directly with programme teachers and trainers to build their computer skills and introduce them to the latest digital tools and teaching materials including but not limited to: Google for Education apps and third-party online resources such as Coursera, Khan Academy, TEDEd, edX and more.
The official will work in a holistic matter to teach, train and guide teachers and trainers reliant on the SOLS education programmes to improve their digital literacy coaching skills. Likewise is problem-solving the challenges the students meet with inclusion in the digital age, a part of the programme as well.
Apart from this, the official will also support the sales of Google Chromebooks and liaise with external stakeholders in expanding the capacity of partners to use the educational device to improve digital literacy.
The successful candidate will be given Google Certified Educator
Digital Skills Training
Evaluate Students to Monitor Success
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Required
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business & Management Studies, or Communications & Media Studies;
- Familiarity with digital tools and it’s application with the ability to breakdown technical jargon for a non-technical audience;
- Strong interpersonal skills, a positive and enthusiastic attitude, and a commitment to contribute to a positive work environment;
- Must have the ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis, despite working in a flexible schedule;
- Passionate in community development and management in both individual and wide community intervention;
- Working knowledge and implementation of Google Suites, computers and current communication technology as work tools;
- Strong proficiency in English essential (oral and written);
- Excellent people and community skill;
- Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative and effective working relationship with others;
- Understanding of SOLS 24/7 values, principles and objectives and demonstrates the ability to put them into practice in the workplace;
- Proven ability in the areas of organization skills, conflict resolution, advocacy and group facilitation;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a multidisciplinary tea.
What will I do?
Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
1. Programme Development and Evaluation
- Serve as a digital content matter expert and leader to help change digital culture used in various programmes under SOLS 24/7, including best practices to increase digital adoption;
- Implement effective and engaging lessons using a variety of teaching techniques and digital skills curriculum into lessons to trainers and teachers serving under the educational programmes of SOLS 24/7. Training materials will be provided;
- Conduct a digital literacy course around a “train-the-trainer” model for students of all academic levels and backgrounds;
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of improved digital literacy skills within the teachers and students;
- Evaluate students to monitor success and respond to evaluations with pro-active developments to the curriculum;
- Receive technical assistance from team members as applicable.
2. Sales Partnership for Google Chromebook
- Build the capacity of partners to leverage Google Chromebooks as an educational device to support the digital literacy goals of the programmes;
- Provide strategic support on the growth, reach and purchase of Google Chromebooks for partners i.e. how would using the device help improve digital literacy within the underserved communities;
- Manage apps experiments with partners to increase user engagement within the available apps using Google Chromebooks. Facilitate online to offline training when necessary;
- Develop ongoing resources and best practices for approaches in collaboration with partners.
Interested or have any questions regarding the position?
Please apply here or contact us at +60390549247 for further information.
Applications close on 15th September 2019.
SOLS smart is a social enterprise created to provide high quality and easy education accessible to everyone by combining the best practices of education and technology. SOLS smart is a certified Cambridge English Language Assessment Centre and Google for Education partner.
With a belief in the importance of simplicity, we offer English language training by use of an award-winning methodology. By joining our team you will be part of a social enterprise that has taught people English proficiency from scratch in universities and large corporations. Students who finish our CEFR-aligned English programmes will be eligible to take the Cambridge English Examination to receive a certification.