SOLS 24/7 works unconditionally towards transforming underserved communities to become aware of their true potential, break the cycle of poverty and move towards middle-class society. Through various education, social empowerment programmes, an online education platform: Progressive Web app and android app targeted for the bottom 40% of the population, SOLS 24/7 provides free education and vocational and social empowerment programmes to communities with a strong focus in Malaysia and Indonesia.
Under the overall guidance of the Executive Director and the direct supervision of the Education Manager, Community Teachers will be responsible for the delivery of courses covering topics from English Language, Life Skills and Professional Skills. The delivery is mainly online / remotely, not excluding the possibility of in-person classes in the future.
Community Teachers are responsible for lesson planning, delivering classes, student assessment, engaging and supporting students, collecting data and recording information for administration purposes, and all necessary activities that enable the students to achieve the planned outcomes. At times, Teachers will be needed for course development, testing, and research.
Community Teachers are assigned to different projects depending on existing funding, needs and expertise. They also interact with various departments project-based: Tech, Monitoring and Evaluation, Communications, HR, Accounts etc.
What do I get?
An opportunity for growth - personally and professionally.
Create Real Impact
Know that the work you do changes lives every single day.
Work in the New Normal
Use technology to increase work productivity and effectiveness.
What do I need?
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
- Candidates must have completed an Undergraduate / Graduate Degree programme of a recognised institution in a relevant programme.
- TEFL certification, or other relevant English language certification, or teaching / training experience.
- Graduates of Education / Pedagogy / Social Sciences / Development Studies / Social Studies are welcomed to apply
- Minimum one year of prior professional experience in a related position is preferred.
- MUST have basic IT/computer/internet knowledge
Necessary technical, functional or language skills
- English proficiency (B2-C1 level);
- Bahasa Malaysia proficiency is a strong advantage;
- Passion for community service, edutech, teaching;
- Prioritises the beneficiaries, their needs and safeguards their best interest;
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the SOLS values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of SOLS;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships;
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff to facilitate the provision of support;
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously, in person and remotely;
- Consistently approaches work with a positive, constructive attitude, an eye for detail and seeking to improve processes;
- Demonstrates openness to feedback, improvement, change and has the ability to manage complexities.
What will I do?
- Prepare session plans independently or together with the team;
- Deliver online training as per the agreed hours and schedule for the assigned classes and proactively engage students;
- Manage the classroom and ensure students are engaged and actively participate in lessons and classroom activities;
- Design and deliver educational content as required by the organisation;
- Be able to teach and follow the SOLS 24/7 courses based on the organisation methodology, curriculum and syllabus;
- Implement the online learning tools and content required;
- Assign tasks and homework to students as per the programme requirements;
- Support students in assignment completion;
- Initiate discussions and actions that enable meeting or improving the students’ outcomes.
- Carry out all aspects of class management, administration and coordination, including but not limited to attendance reports, assessments, progress reports, data collection (surveys, forms), focus group discussion, programme evaluations;
- Monitor and evaluate students consistently, including their attendance and progress in class and through the assignments given;
- Report progress and provide updates to the management and relevant stakeholders and maintain communication with management by preparing and sending reports on a regular basis;
- Other administrative tasks, as and when required.
Interested in this position?