Under the overall guidance and supervision of the CEO / Founder, the Fundraising Officer will be responsible for developing and supporting international fundraising efforts for the SOLS 24/7 Foundation. The Fundraising Officer will play a key role in generating revenue streams for the Foundation by identifying and pursuing suitable grants and funding opportunities, supporting bid and proposal development, and strengthening relations with existing and future financial partners.
The selected candidate will have a unique opportunity to shape the development, expansion, and implementation of SOLS' international fundraising strategy. The Fundraising Officer will work in close collaboration with the Foundation project teams, the Marketing and Communications department, and the Education department to further the aforementioned.
What do I get?
An opportunity for growth - personally and professionally.
Create Real Impact
Know that the work you do changes lives every single day.
Work in the New Normal
Use technology to increase work productivity and effectiveness.
What do I need?
- Candidates must have completed an Undergraduate / Graduate Degree programme of a recognised institution in a relevant programme.
- Minimum one year of prior professional experience in a related position is preferred.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the SOLS values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of SOLS;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Fluent in English;
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships;
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines;
- Establishes builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff to facilitate the provision of support;
- Proven fundraising experience within the nonprofit sector preferred, with working knowledge of grant-making within the Humanitarian / Development sectors.
- Knowledge on community and social work, impact organisations, fundraising, and education preferred;
- Ability to lead the implementation of new systems, to work in a team and autonomously, in person and remotely;
- Consistently approaches work with a positive, constructive attitude, an eye for detail and seeking to improve processes;
- Demonstrates openness to feedback, improvement, change and has the ability to manage complexities.
What will I do?
- Research and keep track of funding opportunities, providing timely information to support the development of new bids;
- Develop a fundraising action plan for international grant opportunities;
- Work with the Fundraising team to develop and coordinate specific project funding proposals and bids to potential donors;
- Help build a positive relationship between SOLS 24/7 and its financial partners to maintain and grow their support;
- Build upon existing donor relationships and form new financial partnerships;
- Maintain complete and orderly records of donors and support regular donor correspondence;
- Run systems needed to help fundraising work, including maintaining a funding contacts database;
- Monitor ongoing funding revenues streams, including specific financial targets;
- Report on fundraising activities to the CEO / Founder on a weekly, fortnightly, and monthly basis;
- Attend meetings, presentations and events as required.
Interested in this position?