Are you the kind of web application developer that eats, sleeps and dreams about frameworks, programming languages and code? Then we are looking for you to join us on our journey to bring free digital education to the poor.
At SOLS 24/7, our mission is to serve, educate and empower the bottom 40% with free education, personal development and employment support. Proud creators of SOLS edu Pro (available on Google Play), our latest structured learning platform on mobile and web brings high-quality digital education with live teachers to those that need it the most.
Your role in our team will be to work closely with our Senior App Developer to deliver a seamless web app that is user-focused and user-driven, in order to enhance deliverability and learning experience of our users. Remote work possible.
What do I get?
An opportunity for growth - personally and professionally.
Create Real Impact
Know that the work you do changes lives every single day.
Work in the New Normal
Use technology to increase work productivity and effectiveness.
What do I need?
- Diploma/Degree in Software, Programming or minimum 3 years experience in relevant fields
Necessary technical, functional or language skills
- Google cloud platform, Cloud functions, Cloud Pub/Sub
- Firebase platform
- Modern Web Developer flow
- Create complete web portals, frontend and backend with API.
- React Js, hooks
- React Material UI
- API, Web services
- REST API
- Bootstrap, HTML, CSS
- Google Material Design
Added advantage if knowledgeable in
- GIT, GITHUB
- PHP, WordPress
Preferred experience and knowledge
- Server Side: Node.js with Express for API and server side rendering, various distributed node.js microservices
- Infrastructure on Google Cloud: App Engine, Cloud Functions, Firebase, Cloud SQL, Cloud Storage, Cloud Build, and many more GCP services
- Understanding of SOLS 24/7 values, principles and objectives and demonstrated ability to put them into practice in the workplace;
- Proven ability in the areas of organization skills, conflict resolution, advocacy and group facilitation;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a multidisciplinary team;
- Ability to understand and use data to drive decision
- Ability to manage workload and deadlines efficiently
- Ability to adopt new technologies/software efficiently
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication and project management skills
What will I do?
- Manage and develop projects independently
- Build and manage custom-coded portals from scratch
- Upgrade and maintain portal; frontend and backend of the website as well as cloud platform.
- Testing frameworks to ensure web app is functioning at optimum level
- Data-driven implementation of features
- Monthly improvements to UI and UX
Interested in this position?