SOLS smart: English Trainer
– Do you want to teach English in a digital education environment to university students?
– Do you have at least 3 years of experience in teaching English?
– Do you want to help our graduates be more employable by being equipping them with English proficiency?
Our English Trainer will be trained to use a specialized method of teaching participants English and Digital Education modules to bring the latest digital technologies to the classroom in a university setting. The focus for English modules is primarily on speaking, practising and usage of the correct tenses and sentence structure. The incumbent must create a safe space in the classroom for participants to feel secure when trying to break the fear of speaking English and the use of digital technology.
SOLS smart is a social enterprise that aims to provide high quality and easy education accessible to anyone and everyone. Combining the best practices of education and technology, we bring cutting edge solutions to the table and keep education simple.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Required
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Must have the ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis, despite working based on a flexible schedule.
- Strong English command in both writing and communication (CEFR B2, experienced user).
- Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology and computer skills is required.
- Relevant experience in teaching or training.
- Minimum Degree holder, or having substantial experience in teaching or training.
- TEFL certification, or other relevant English language certification.
What will I do?
Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Deliver training as per the agreed hours and schedule for the assigned classes at our client’s venue and proactively engage students;
- Coordinate, track and report the progress of students;
- Manage the classroom and ensure students are engaged and actively participate in lessons and classroom activities;
- Design and deliver additional exercises for language practice as required by the programme;
- Be able to teach and follow the SOLS 24/7 English methodology, curriculum and syllabus;
- Implement the online learning tools and content required by SOLS smart;
- Assign tasks and homework to students as per the programme requirements.
- Carry out all aspects of class management, administration and coordination, including but not limited to attendance reports, assessments, and progress reports;
- Monitor and evaluate students consistently, including their attendance and progress in class and through the assignments given;
- Report progress and provide updates to SOLS smart management and relevant SOLS HQ departments and maintain communication with management by preparing and sending reports on a regular basis;
- Participate in formal and non-formal functions of SOLS smart and our client;
- Other administrative tasks requested by SOLS smart management, as and when required.