SOLS smart: International Trainer
We are looking for an International Trainer to support the team with the implementation and execution of one of our education initiatives. With the aim of providing effective and impactful trainings to the students under our SOLS smart programmes, the International Trainer will play a key role in delivering our English trainings to university students following a structured methodology. As an education enabler, the International Trainer will get the chance to experience firsthand the impact of our English language programmes and help students to transform their English skills for their studies and future careers.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Required
- Minimum Degree holder or substantial professional experience in teaching or training;
- Relevant experience in teaching or training;
- High English proficiency with excellent oral and written communication skills (equivalent to CEFR C1 or higher);
- Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology and computer skills are required;
- Proficient in Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides);
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team with limited direct supervision and effective task management;
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others;
- Ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis;
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly and concisely to the management team;
- Continued professional development to stay current with changing technology;
- Eye for detail and identifying problems;
- Able to work under pressure and meet set deadlines;
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
- TEFL certification, or other relevant English language certification.
What will I do?
1. English Training
- Deliver English training as per the agreed hours and schedule for the assigned classes at our client’s venue and proactively engage students;
- Coordinate, track and report the progress of students;
- Manage the classroom and ensure students are engaged and actively participate in lessons and classroom activities;
- Be able to teach and follow the SOLS 24/7 English methodology, curriculum and syllabus;
- Implement the online learning tools and content required by SOLS smart;
- Design and deliver educational content for language practice as required by the organisation;
- Organise English Club activities out of the classroom environment to support the learning and application of English for daily usage;
- Assign tasks and homework to students as per the programme requirements.
- Carry out all aspects of class management, administration and coordination, including but not limited to student registration, attendance, assessments, and surveys;
- Monitor and evaluate students consistently, including their attendance and progress in class and through the assignments given;
- Report progress and provide updates to the management and relevant SOLS HQ departments and maintain communication with the management by preparing and sending reports on a regular basis;
- Participate in formal and non-formal functions of SOLS smart and our client, as and when required;
- Other administrative tasks requested by the management, as and when required.
Interested or have any questions regarding the position?
Please apply here or contact us at +60390549247 for further information.
Applications close on 12th August 2019.
SOLS smart is a social enterprise created to provide high quality and easy education accessible to everyone by combining the best practices of education and technology. SOLS smart is a certified Cambridge English Language Assessment Centre and Google for Education partner.
With a belief in the importance of simplicity, we offer English language training by use of an award-winning methodology. By joining our team you will be part of a social enterprise that has taught people English proficiency from scratch in universities and large corporations. Students who finish our CEFR-aligned English programmes will be eligible to take the Cambridge English Examination to receive a certification.