Marketing communications is a crucial component in our mission to provide underserved communities an equal access to free quality education.
The Marcomms Manager will be responsible for developing, owning and implementing marketing communications strategies for the nonprofit to expand awareness of our educational programmes, engage the public, attract new audiences to our cause and achieve organisational goals. This is a role that involves a mix of creative, technical, analytical and project management skills. It requires a candidate that is passionate about using the power of communications to create social impact through data-driven and forward-thinking communication strategies.
The Marcomms Manager will manage the nonprofit’s Marcomms team and be involved in projects related to digital marketing, branding, social media, partnerships, media & overseeing of the online learning platform – SOLS 24/7 Education.
What do I get?
An opportunity for growth - personally and professionally.
Create Real Impact
Know that the work you do changes lives every single day.
Work in the New Normal
Use technology to increase work productivity and effectiveness.
What do I need?
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or similar;
- Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Hubspot & Google Analytics qualifications are not necessary, but an advantage.
- A Minimum of 3-5 years working experience in marketing, communications, public relations, agency work, or similar.
- Proficient in English;
- Must have the ability to report remotely to work on a regular and punctual basis, despite working in flexible schedule;
- Knowledge of Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Google Analytics, Hubspot & GetResponse, or similar digital marketing tools;
- Working knowledge and implementation of Google Suites, computers and current communication technology as work tools;
- Excellent people and communication skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative and effective working relationship with others;
- Understanding of SOLS 24/7 values, principles and objectives and demonstrated ability to put them into practice in the workplace;
- Excellent writing, presentation and communications skills;
- Attention to detail and organization;
- Media relations experience;
- Ability to multitask effectively, managing multiple projects to meet deadlines and priorities;
- Ability to manage third-party agencies, partners, and vendors.
What will I do?
Content & Branding
- Ensure the SOLS 24/7 branding and tone is accurately displayed across all online assets;
- Content review and approval for outgoing communication materials through social media, newsletter publications and inter-departmental collateral requests, among others;
- Ensure that content contributes towards the organisation’s larger objectives.
- Liaise with external partners to build and maintain a good working relationship;
- Explore new opportunities that are relevant and have the potential to contribute towards organisational growth.
- Includes Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Social Media, among others;
- Create new ad campaigns to meet organizational objectives;
- Continuously optimize the performance of existing ad campaigns;
- Ensure that the Google Ad Grants account compliance requirements are fulfilled;
- Monitor performance of online platforms (bookings, classes etc) and make recommendations to the content team;
- Monitor performance of advertising campaigns and feedback best-performing assets with the Marcomms team (copy/graphics/video etc);
- Oversee all social media channels and ensuring online community is engaged with the brand;
- Monthly report to determine ROI of digital campaigns;
- Utilize digital marketing best practices and keep up-to-date with the latest trends/insights/technology.
- Ideate angles for media stories with use of organization-owned data;
- Prepare press releases and media galleries;
- Disseminate press release to media outlets & follow-up until publication;
- Update the media contact database and engage relevant outlets when required.
Online Learning Platform
- Monitor overall performance of online learning platform (bookings, classes etc);
- Ensure the platform’s UX is upheld by checking for broken links, slow page load speeds or busy visual display of information with web developer;
- Review class details at random to ensure there are no errors;
- Community engagement with users who have experienced difficulties on the platform;
- Ensure timely upload of new class content by the publishing team.
What is working in SOLS 24/7 like?
Interested in the position?
SOLS 24/7 Foundation
Being a part of our foundation means that you will share our vision that people from all communities – regardless of race, religion or gender, will equally have education and social empowerment services accessible. We have a vision that will ensure developed societies with equal opportunities for all. We are an impact-driven humanitarian organisation that values transparency in our collaboration with partners which ensures that our devotion to serving the underserved communities helps break the cycle of poverty. We always aim for long-term sustainable solutions to be implemented which requires that we as an organisation are adequate in our services to the community.
We work hard every day for the sake of giving back to the community. We operate through a diverse range of high-impact programmes designed to increase the opportunities and quality of life for beneficiaries from many different underserved communities. We conduct our programmes through our foundation’s 4 main sectors: education, technology, mental health and renewable energy.
If you have any questions regarding the position, contact us.