Monitoring & Evaluation Internship
We are looking for a Monitoring & Evaluation Intern to support the team with the monitoring, evaluation, and reporting, of the various programmes under the SOLS 24/7 Foundation and Social Enterprises. The aim of the department is to support all programmes in achieving its objectives through providing comprehensive analyses, insights and reports based on data collected through various sources and to enable the management to make well-informed decisions. The Intern will get the chance to experience various aspects of performance management while developing a wide range of valuable job skills. In this process, the Intern will gain knowledge and develop a comprehensive understanding of the monitoring and evaluation of our programmes and the impact made on the beneficiaries.
What is working with SOLS 24/7 like?
What do I get?
*Note: Based on Malaysian Immigration approval
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Required
- Completed or currently undergoing a Bachelor’s Degree (any field) with some courses in quantitative methods.
- Prior professional experience in a related position is preferred, but not required;
- Knowledge of statistical software, (STATA/SPSS/R) and basic database use (MS Access/SQL) preferred but not required;
- Able to commit to a minimum of 5-6 months to gain full exposure;
- Excellent command of English (equivalent to CEFR B2 or higher);
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team with limited direct supervision and effective task management;
- Ability to communicate issues clearly and concisely to the management team;
- Continued professional development to stay current with changing technology;
- Eye for detail and identifying problems;
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary;
- Ability to teach oneself new skills and conduct research when necessary;
- Able to work under pressure and meet set deadlines;
- Proficient in Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- Collect and parse programme data;
- Apply existing analysis frameworks to programmes;
- Monitor the progress of programmes based on predefined indicators;
- Assist with preparing reports to the management and programme staff to improve programmes;
- Support the development of programme dashboards for monitoring purposes;
- Assist with conducting site and field visits when required to further the above.
- Undertake regular reporting activities and informal updates;
- Prepare and develop programme reports for external stakeholders.
- Conduct research and recommend on evaluation methodologies for programmes;
- Conduct evaluations of programmes periodically or upon programme closure;
- Collaborate with programme staff and management to implement any changes necessary.
Training & Development:
- Deliver reporting and data training to programme staff;
- Advise departments on analytical technologies and techniques.
Interested or have any questions regarding the position?
Please apply here or contact us at +60390549247 for further information.
Applications close on 30th August 2019.
SOLS 24/7 Foundation
Being a part of our foundation means that you will share our vision that people from all communities – regardless of race, religion or gender, will equally have education and social empowerment services accessible. We have a vision that will ensure developed societies with equal opportunities for all. We are an impact-driven humanitarian organisation that values transparency in our collaboration with partners which ensures that our devotion to serving the underserved communities helps break the cycle of poverty. We always aim for long-term sustainable solutions to be implemented which requires that we as an organisation are adequate in our services to the community.
We work hard every day for the sake of giving back to the community. We operate through a diverse range of high-impact programmes designed to increase the opportunities and quality of life for beneficiaries from many different underserved communities. We conduct our programmes through our foundation’s 4 main sectors: education, technology, mental health and renewable energy.