Scholar Development Program
What is SDP?
The Scholar Development Program is designed to nurture and develop high potential scholars from underprivileged backgrounds to become outstanding, skillful and socially aware graduates. SOLS 24/7 Malaysia has successfully implemented and managed three scholarship programs for government and corporate foundations. Through these scholar development programs, we have trained over 400 scholars from challenging backgrounds in intensive English language, soft skills and character development.
Scholarship Development Student:
- Malaysian youth ages 17-20 years old
- SPM score of 1A and higher
- Completed SPM/STPM/UEC examination
- Youth from low-income families
SOLS 24/7 Malaysia has developed one of the best scholarship implementation and management programs in Malaysia.
We help scholarship-awarding organizations save time and resources needed to monitor the progress of students. Through our program, we ensure that a company or foundation does not incur losses or wastages on scholarships they award to students. We ensure the best possible success rate for scholars.
Our program targets urban and rural students in primary, secondary or higher education institutions. Scholars benefit by having a team of experts ready to provide constant guidance 24/7. Program participants receive a fully-customized support system comprising of academic coaching, soft skills training, workshops, camps, job preparation, mentorship and counseling. These scholars report an increase in subject mastery, confidence, dynamism, empathy and responsibility. Scholarship awarding-organizations and educational institutions can access the progress live when desired.
Reach Out And Rise
The Reach Out And Rise (ROAR) scholarship program is founded in providing cutting-edge holistic education for students from underserved backgrounds. Scholars will gain professional academic qualifications while also developing leadership skills that give them a competitive edge in the job market as young professionals.
This scholarship is open to those who desire to gain qualifications from an MQA-accredited college in Kuala Lumpur.
The ROAR Scholarship University partners are: HELP University, SEGi University, UCSI University, and Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation.
SOLS 24/7 Malaysia manages the ROAR Scholar Development on behalf of the Hong Leong Foundation
The scholarship provides:
- Full tuition fees (Diploma-Degree)
- Full boarding and food
- Enrichment program
- IT & Computing skills
- Leadership & Character building (Presentation skills, Stress Management, Speak with Confidence, etc)
- Study Tours & Camps
(Diploma leading to Degree)
- Accounting and Finance – HELP, KL
- Business and Marketing – SEGI, Kota D’sara
- Software Engineering – APU, Bukit Jalil
- Logistics Management – UCSI, Cheras
- Graphic Design – UCSI, Cheras
You do not have to secure a place in a university or college if you are applying for ROAR. Placement will be done for you at an MQA-accredited, pre-selected colleges and courses as listed above.
Who Should Apply?
- Minimum 1A in SPM and UEC examination.
- Malaysian citizens aged 17 – 20 years old.
- SPM/STPM/UEC examination completed in 2013/2014.
- From low-income families and challenging backgrounds.
- Students with requisite character and passion to pursue an academic pathway.
Deadline for the scholarship will be on the 10/09/2015.
Here is the link http://tinyurl.com/apply-roar for application!