Senior English Trainer (Putrajaya)
The Senior English Trainer will be trained to use a specialized method of teaching participants English. The focus is primarily on the speaking, practising and usage of correct tenses and sentence structure. The incumbent must create a safe space in the classroom for participants to feel secure when trying to break the fear of speaking English.
Training Date: 11 February 2019 @ SOLS 24/7 Malaysia HQ in Sungai Besi, Kuala Lumpur.
What do I need?
- Must have the ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis, despite working in flexible schedule;
- Passionate in community development and management in both individual and wide community intervention;
- Working knowledge and implementation of Google Suites, computers and current communication technology as work tools;
- Strong proficiency in English essential (oral and written);
- Excellent people and community engagement skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationship with others;
- Understanding of SOLS 24/7 values, principles and objectives and demonstrated ability to put them into practice in the workplace;
- Proven ability in the areas of organization skills, conflict resolution, advocacy and group facilitation;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a multidisciplinary team;
What will I do?
Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
1. English Training and Development
- Serve as the main trainer for the assigned classes and prepare lesson plans in advance of each class. All training methodology and materials will be provided to you;
- Responsible to teach participants on various topics including but not limited to improving conversation and confidence in English, email writing, presentations, public speaking and comprehension skills.
- Responsible to recruit students and register their participations through SOLS classroom management app.
- Coordinate, track and report the progress of student’s performance and attendance;
- Manage the classroom and ensure all students are engaged and actively participate in lessons and classroom activities;
- Be able to teach and follow the SOLS 24/7 English methodology, curriculum and syllabus;
- Proactively engage students for retainment to meet centre’s target.
- Contribute to the centre’s activities to collect, analyze and report on data and relevant information (e.g. attendance reports, progress reports);
- Provide updates to SOLS 24/7 Malaysia HQ departments and maintain communication with management by preparing and sending weekly reports;
- Manage and maintain all student administrative tasks and documentations;
- Register student attendance at every class and submit daily attendance reports;
- Responsible to produce creative materials for the assigned classes;
3. Community Development
- Promote awareness of and participation in centre activities and community projects based on assigned Sustainable Development Goals and other community engagement activities;
- Participate in formal and non-formal functions of the community;
- Participate in the centre’s efforts to enhance its capacity through staff development.