Solar PV (Photovoltaic) Engineer
SOLS Energy is a Malaysian renewable energy social enterprise operating in Malaysia. We design, distribute, install and maintain solar energy systems for residential, commercial and industrial properties. We are a proud member of the South East Asia Renewable Energy People Assembly and an Impact Driven Enterprise Accredited by Malaysian Global Innovation & Creativity Centre.
We embody social and environmental responsibility to give back to underserved communities by bringing them free education and clean energy. SOLS Energy is a Social Enterprise by SOLS 24/7 Malaysia.
What is working with SOLS 24/7 like?
Training & Development
Management & Reports
What do I get?
EPF & SOCSO
What do I need?
- MUST POSSESS A GCPV SYSTEM DESIGN CERTIFICATE (Grid Connected Photovoltaic System Design Certificate);
- For Locals (Malaysians) only;
- Minimum 2 year(s) of experience working on designs, installation or direct contact with solar equipment or relevant;
- Candidate must also possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree Master’s Degree, Engineering (Environmental/Health/Safety), Engineering (Others) or equivalent;
- Required skill(s): Photovoltaics, Engineering, Solar, Teaching, Communication and Training;
- Able to commit to 2 years in order to gain relevant and necessary understanding of the day-to-day operations and aim of the team and the academy;
- Able to perform in an interdisciplinary professional team, as well as working independently as and when appropriate;
- Excellent command in written and spoken Bahasa Malaysia, English;
- Good interpersonal skills and comfortable with communal living;
- Proactive attitude with strong business acumen;
What will I do?
Solar PV System Design
- Work with a team of solar engineers in providing engineering and project management for carrying out feasibility studies, detailed design, installation supervision, testing and commissioning of solar and other electrical power projects in Malaysia;
- Operating a tech-lab and experiment with Solar PV Energy equipment;
- Developing and consulting on Solar System Designs using relevant software;
- Preparation of project proposals for clients and partner organizations;
- Work cross functionally with other department heads to ensure project and/or client needs and internal deadlines are met;
- Provide technical support to project team during the implementation and delivery phase;
Training And Development
- Provide training to Solar Academy on renewable energy concepts with specific focus on Solar PV Energy modules;
- Developing and implement educational modules and supporting materials;
- Researching about renewable energies and tech subjects for R&D purposes;
- Attendance of relevant trainings on solar devices and innovative technologies in solar industry;
Team Management & Reports
- Working with youth from various backgrounds and cultures;
- Cooperation and consultations with the team of electricians, executives and directors;
- Work with Solar Academy students to set up solar panels as part of on the job training;
- Consultancy and technical support to procurement department;
- Reporting on a weekly basis to the academy director and the upper management;
- Perform additional duties as assigned and/or directed.
Solar Academy students at practical class
Solar Academy class
Interested or have any questions regarding the position?
Please apply here or contact us at +60390549247 for further information.
Applications close on 30th August 2019.
SOLS Energy aspires to future-proof the world through the power of technology & sustainable energy. As a tech-enabled company, we are the leading sustainable energy providers for the residential market and are rapidly growing in the commercial sector. We utilize the world’s best solar inverters from Austria, panels from Canada & China and cables from Germany.
We provide the highest quality solar installation that lasts over 25 years and is best priced in the market. We have also established the first and only solar academy in Malaysia training youth from poor communities thus providing quality and time-saving installations.
Being a part of our social enterprise means that you will be part of a team that designs, distributes, installs and maintains solar energy systems for residential, commercial and industrial properties. We are on a mission to connect people, businesses and humanitarians to real sustainable energy solutions.