Solar PV Installer Apprenticeship
What do I get?
Develop job skills
while getting paid
for position-related tasks
Get mentored by
Phase 1: Month 1 – Learn
- Focus is on learning the skills and steps required to execute a successful solar system installation. Training and mentoring will be given by professionals on-the-job.
- Assessment: to determine whether the apprentice has demonstrated the required skills and performance to advance to the next phase of the programme.
Phase 2: Month 2-3 – Develop & Refine Skills
- Focus is on continuous skill improvement while gaining more work experience and to become an independent installer that is able to perform tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Assessment: to determine whether the apprentice has demonstrated the required skills and performance to be employed as a full-time installer or wireman at the company.
What do I need?
- No qualifications required
- No work experience required
- Interest in wiring, engineering, and/or installation works.
- Students currently pursuing their Engineering Degree (e.g. Electrical, Electronic, Mechatronic, etc) or related fields are also welcome to apply.
- Required language: Bahasa Malaysia or English
Necessary technical, functional or language skills
- Passionate in Renewable Energy and willing to learn at high speeds;
- Work in a fast-paced environment and ensure completion of daily projects;
- Willing to learn and understand usage of emails and other applications used in the daily operations;
- Able to write and speak in Bahasa Malaysia or English;
- Willing to learn and enhance people and community skill;
- Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative and effective working relationship with others;
- Understanding of SOLS Energy values, principles and objectives and demonstrated the ability to put them into practice in the workplace;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a multidisciplinary team.
What will I do?
- Understand what is Solar Energy and how it functions
- Study the mechanism of products by SOLS Energy Sdn. Bhd.
- Train and develop working skills, ethics, code of conduct and product knowledge
- Assist the Technical Team and Installers for all tasks required
- Learn to test, install and maintain condition and quality of Solar PV Panels
- Assist in preparation of installation
- On-Site training to assemble and install Solar PV Panels
- Learn warehouse stockings and inventory organisation
- Learning to configure the inverter with the WiFi and switch on the inverter
- Learn how to measure the roof for the installation of panels
- Learn how to prepare the different materials for the different kinds of roof.
- Prepare earthing wires in advance
What is working in SOLS Energy like?
Interested in the position?
We are a green energy company that customers love. We are a social enterprise which lives responsibility to the core. Responsibility for our customers, employees, communities and planet. We are leaders in the residential solar market and enable SMEs to operate more efficiently.
If you have any questions regarding the position, contact us.