Talent Acquisition Manager
The Talent Acquisition Manager is responsible for designing and implementing overall recruiting strategies including but not limited to develop and update job descriptions and job specifications, strategic job postings, shortlisting, interview and offer negotiation. The incumbent is also responsible to establish recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives while meeting with managers to discuss recruitment needs.
In additional to meeting recruitment needs, the incumbent will also be responsible to facilitate proper on-boarding and visa application process by providing administrative supervision and execution to ensure all applications are up to date with arrival time of international candidates, accommodation arrangements and clear understanding of onboarding procedures and policies.
What is working in SOLS 24/7 like?
Employee and Labour Relations
Visa and Immigration
What do I get?
EPF & SOCSO
What do I need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Psychology or equivalent;
- Experience with various selection process (phone interview, reference check, etc.);
- Minimum 3 years of experience either as in-house recruiter or a staffing agency recruiter;
- The ideal candidate should have full life-cycle recruiting experience, with the ability to hire for a variety of skills & excellent client handling capability;
- Must have the ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis, despite working in flexible schedule;
- Able to work closely in a team environment, to flex and adapt to the needs of the business;
- Fluent in English both written and verbal with a can-do approach;
- Excellent communication skills and able to gain people’s confidence to put them at ease;
- Have tenacity and persistence; fast learner of process and guidelines;
- Passionate in community development and management in both individual and wide community intervention;
- Working knowledge and implementation of Google Suites, computers and current communication technology as work tools;
- Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative and effective working relationship with others;
- Understanding of SOLS 24/7 values, principles and objectives and demonstrated ability to put them into practice in the workplace;
- Proven ability in the areas of organization skills, conflict resolution, advocacy and group facilitation;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a multidisciplinary team.
What will I do?
1. Recruitment (70%)
- Search and match qualified candidates through a variety of platforms including candidate database, social media channels, job boards and other resources to ensure that we are attracting the best possible talent on the market;
- Maintain and update candidate databases/systems, ensuring accuracy and compliance at all times in a timely manner;
- Coordination of candidate interviews including qualifying call, pre-interview assessments, interview with hiring managers, and follow up regarding the results of their interviews;
- Having ownership of some administrative functions and managing candidates through their journey prior to hire, including completing new hire paperwork;
- Conduct all necessary and statutory checks are completed prior to hire.
2. Employee and Labour Relations (20%)
- Facilitate proper on-boarding and visa application process by providing administrative supervision and execution to ensure all applications are up to date with arrival time of international candidates, accommodation arrangements and clear understanding of onboarding procedures and policies.
3. Visa & Immigration (10%)
- To assist in ensuring international applicants have their visa;
- To assist in check documents provided by applicants;
- To assist in explain visa procedures, rules and regulations;
- To assist in ensuring timely visa application submission;
- To assist in check and regularly update visa overview;
- To assist in maintaining records of visa and passport expiration date;
- To assist in following up any information with the body of immigration.
Interested or have any questions regarding the position?
Please apply here or contact us at +60390549247 for further information.
Applications close on 30th September 2019.
SOLS 24/7 Foundation
Being a part of our foundation means that you will share our vision that people from all communities – regardless of race, religion or gender, will equally have education and social empowerment services accessible. We have a vision that will ensure developed societies with equal opportunities for all. We are an impact-driven humanitarian organisation that values transparency in our collaboration with partners which ensures that our devotion to serving the underserved communities helps break the cycle of poverty. We always aim for long-term sustainable solutions to be implemented which requires that we as an organisation are adequate in our services to the community.
We work hard every day for the sake of giving back to the community. We operate through a diverse range of high-impact programmes designed to increase the opportunities and quality of life for beneficiaries from many different underserved communities. We conduct our programmes through our foundation’s 4 main sectors: education, technology, mental health and renewable energy.