Web Application Developer
Are you the kind of web application developer that eats, sleeps & dreams about frameworks, programming languages and code? Then we are looking for you to join us on our journey to bring free digital education to the poor.
At SOLS 24/7, our mission is to serve, educate and empower the bottom 40% with free education, personal development & employment support. Proud creators of SOLS edu Pro (available on Google Play), our latest structured learning platform on mobile and web brings high-quality digital education with live teachers to those that need it the most.
Your role in our team will be to work closely with our Senior App Developer to deliver a seamless web app that is user-focused & user-driven, in order to enhance deliverability & learning experience of our users. Remote work possible.
What do I get?
An opportunity for growth - personally and professionally.
Create Real Impact
Know that the work you do changes lives every single day.
Work in the New Normal
Use technology to increase work productivity and effectiveness.
What do I need?
- Diploma/Degree in Software, Programming or minimum 3 years experience in relevant fields
Necessary technical, functional or language skills
- Google cloud platform, Cloud functions, Cloud Pub/Sub
- Firebase platform
- Modern Web Developer flow
- Create complete web portals, frontend and backend with API.
- React Js, hooks
- React Material UI
- API, Web services
- REST API
- Bootstrap, HTML, CSS
- Google Material Design
Added advantage if knowledgeable in
- GIT, GITHUB
- PHP, WordPress
Preferred experience and knowledge
- Server Side: Node.js with Express for API and server side rendering, various distributed node.js microservices
- Infrastructure on Google Cloud: App Engine, Cloud Functions, Firebase, Cloud SQL, Cloud Storage, Cloud Build, and many more GCP services
- Understanding of SOLS 24/7 values, principles and objectives and demonstrated ability to put them into practice in the workplace;
- Proven ability in the areas of organization skills, conflict resolution, advocacy and group facilitation;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a multidisciplinary team;
- Ability to understand and use data to drive decision
- Ability to manage workload and deadlines efficiently
- Ability to adopt new technologies/software efficiently
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication and project management skills
What will I do?
- Manage and develop projects independently
- Build & manage custom-coded portals from scratch
- Upgrade & maintain portal; frontend & backend of the website as well as cloud platform.
- Testing frameworks to ensure web app is functioning at optimum level
- Data-driven implementation of features
- Monthly improvements to UI & UX
What is working in SOLS 24/7 like?
Interested in the position?
SOLS 24/7 Foundation
Being a part of our foundation means that you will share our vision that people from all communities – regardless of race, religion or gender, will equally have education and social empowerment services accessible. We have a vision that will ensure developed societies with equal opportunities for all. We are an impact-driven humanitarian organisation that values transparency in our collaboration with partners which ensures that our devotion to serving the underserved communities helps break the cycle of poverty. We always aim for long-term sustainable solutions to be implemented which requires that we as an organisation are adequate in our services to the community.
We work hard every day for the sake of giving back to the community. We operate through a diverse range of high-impact programmes designed to increase the opportunities and quality of life for beneficiaries from many different underserved communities. We conduct our programmes through our foundation’s 4 main sectors: education, technology, mental health and renewable energy.
If you have any questions regarding the position, contact us.