What do I get?
Develop job skills
while getting paid
for position-related tasks
Get mentored by
Phase 1: Month 1 – Learn
- Focus is on learning the skills and steps required to execute a successful solar system installation. Training and mentoring will be given by professionals on-the-job.
- Assessment: to determine whether the apprentice has demonstrated the required skills and performance to advance to the next phase of the programme.
Phase 2: Month 2-3 – Develop & Refine Skills
- Focus is on continuous skill improvement while gaining more work experience and to become an independent installer that is able to perform tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Assessment: to determine whether the apprentice has demonstrated the required skills and performance to be employed as a full-time installer or wireman at the company.
What do I need?
- No qualifications required
- No work experience required
- Interest in wiring, engineering, and/or installation works.
- Students currently pursuing their Engineering Degree (e.g. Electrical, Electronic, Mechatronic, etc) or related fields are also welcome to apply.
- Required language: Bahasa Malaysia or English
Necessary technical, functional or language skills
- Passionate in Renewable Energy and willing to learn at high speeds;
- Work in a fast-paced environment and ensure completion of daily projects;
- Willing to learn and understand usage of emails and other applications used in the daily operations;
- Able to write and speak in Bahasa Malaysia or English;
- Willing to learn and enhance people and community skill;
- Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative and effective working relationship with others;
- Understanding of SOLS Energy values, principles and objectives and demonstrated the ability to put them into practice in the workplace;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a multidisciplinary team.
What will I do?
- Learn how the project works from start to finish to ensure high quality, functioning panels with excellent finishing work.
- Understanding and enhancing the concept of compiling project specifications
- Learning how to keep within budgets and timelines
- Ability to learn and understand all works are carried out to specific standards, building codes, guidelines and regulations
- Follow and learn via on-site visits to check on project status and report on the project
- Learn working with a team skills by cooperating and liaising with construction professionals and installers to ensure good coordination to meet deadlines
- Learn how to do earthing and connecting for the panels.
- Learn about the connection of wires from the client’s DB box to the inverter.
- How to measure amount of wires needed from the DB to the panels on the roof.
- How to divide the arrangements of the panels according to the number of lines required for the installation
- Learn how to install and set up the inverter and DB box
- Learn how to prepare the MC4 and do the connection for the final set-up.
- Understand 3 phase and single phase wiring.
What is working in SOLS Energy like?
Interested in the position?
We are a green energy company that customers love. We are a social enterprise which lives responsibility to the core. Responsibility for our customers, employees, communities and planet. We are leaders in the residential solar market and enable SMEs to operate more efficiently.
If you have any questions regarding the position, contact us.