Are you an enthusiastic team player looking for your first work experience? Would you like to create impact in the world and leave a legacy already at the kick-off of your professional life? Can you benefit from professional growth alongside a driven team of young people serving communities in need?
Then this might be just the opportunity for your internship: contributing to the research, design, and development of educational programmes and modules that help B40 youth in Malaysia come out of poverty and build a better life for themselves.
At SOLS 24/7, we transform communities through education and social enterprise programmes. With methodology specifically crafted to improve language skills, and courses for professional and life skills development, the team has succeeded in creating employment opportunities for communities that are most in need of assistance. Young people like you, but who might not have the same opportunities and exposure, join our programmes daily. You can be a part of the change for them.
You will work in the education team and be engaged in projects that brighten up the outlook on the future for others, and your own as well.
What do I get?
On-job training for position-related tasks.
Letter of Recommendation
Upon excellent performance.
Get mentored by industry professionals.
What do I need?
- Candidates must be currently undergoing an Undergraduate / Graduate Degree programme of a recognised institution in a relevant programme.
Preferred experience and motivation
- Passion for community service and helping others;
- Demonstrates an understanding and empathy towards the difficulties caused by poverty;
- Prioritises the beneficiaries, their needs and safeguards their best interest;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
Technical and functional knowledge or skills
- Must speak English (conversational level) and Bahasa Malaysia
- Must demonstrate interactional skills suitable for engaging with B40 youth;
- Must have basic IT / digital knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Zoom, Google Meet;
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the SOLS values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of SOLS;
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously, in person and remotely;
- Consistently approaches work with a positive, constructive attitude, an eye for detail and seeking to improve processes;
- Demonstrates openness to feedback, improvement, change and has ability to manage complexities.
What will I do?
Primary role: Contribute to programme research, design and development
- Participate in secondary research via online sources, papers, journals etc.;
- Participate in primary research in the form of interviews, survey calls, discussions, visits;
- Compile and summarise information;
- Produce informative documents as per project needs.
Secondary Role: Contribute to programme implementation
- Conduct call and attend meetings with possible implementation partners;
- Document calls, meetings and discussions;
- Participate in programme promotion and student recruitment activities;
- Participate in programme delivery, evaluation, administration, and documentation.
Interested in this position?