Our mission is to serve, educate & empower the bottom 40% with education, personal development & employment support.
The learner's journey is very important for the organisation and providing learners with the most updated and relevant content is paramount. To contribute to this, under the direct supervision of the Senior Education Manager, the Research & Content Executive will be responsible for researching and compiling educational materials relevant to the organisation's syllabus and the target audience. Once approved by the Education and Tech teams, this content would be presented in different formats: via social media, in student communities, through the learning app or as a part of live or pre-recorded classes.
Additionally, this role contributes not only to the “what” is being provided to the students but also to the “how”, hence they would look into innovative learning modes and strategies, and effective ways to deliver educational content to the audience.
The Research & Content Executive is a member of the Education team, but will also be working closely with the Tech and Marcomms teams and various project teams.
What do I get?
RM 2,000 - RM 3,000
An opportunity for growth - personally and professionally.
Create Real Impact
Know that the work you do changes lives every single day.
Work in the New Normal
Use technology to increase work productivity and effectiveness.
What do I need?
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
- A Diploma in any relevant field
- Digital skills knowledge (online research, Google Workspace - Sheets, Drive, Gmail)
- Background in research
- Passionate about Education Technology (EduTech) and creating digital education content
- Knowledge of community and social work, impact organisations, fundraising, and education
- Believes in the vision, mission, and strategic goals of SOLS.
Necessary technical, functional or language skills
- Basic knowledge in HTML5 & CSS;
- English proficiency (B2 level);
- Bahasa Malaysia proficiency;
- Organises and completes tasks accurately and in a clear and transferable manner;
- Establish, build and maintain effective working relationships with staff to facilitate the provision of support;
- Knowledge and interest in remote learning, tech in education, and lifelong growth and development;
- Consistently approaches work with a positive, constructive attitude, an eye for detail and seeking to improve processes;
- Demonstrates openness to feedback, improvement, change and has the ability to manage complexities;
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the SOLS values and ethical standards.
What will I do?
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Understand the organisation target audience
- Understand the SOLS syllabus
- Conduct user primary and secondary research and provide informed recommendations to the programme and tech teams
- Research various online education and learning tools and platforms
- Compile, verify information accuracy, and organise the resources into accessible databases
- Collaborate with the programme team to match external resources with internal programmes
- Collaborate with the tech team to ensure resources are easily accessible to beneficiaries via the web app
- Compile programme documentation and prepare them for the Tech team’s usage
Key Targets and Results
- The KPIs align to the ongoing strategic development of the organisation and the active programs at the time of service
- Growth of online directory
- Growth of knowledge resources for students
- Improve the tools and technologies used for teaching and learning
- The KPIs follow the ongoing strategic development of the organisation and the active programs at the time of service.
- Growth of online directory.
- Growth of knowledge resources for students.
- Improve the tools and technologies used for teaching and learning.
Interested in this position?