The Solar Academy Teacher will work to develop students in personal, professional and technical skills aimed at equipping them with the knowledge to become world class solar installers.
This role has the potential to impact the education attainment and employability of hundreds of Malaysians, and to contribute to the growth of an impact organisation that serves the Bottom 40% of the economic strata of Malaysia.
What do I get?
What’s great about this opportunity?
- Salary Range: RM 2,200 - RM 3,000
- A fair remuneration package including an attractive commission scheme.
- Career progression in a fast growing impact organization backed by Petronas.
- Work in an agile-driven environment alongside a diverse team who will support your job growth.
- Contribute directly to improving the lives of B40 communities, as a part of a #madetoimpact organization.
What do I need?
To be shortlisted for this position, you will need to have:
- Minimum 2-4 years of prior professional experience in a related position (teaching, training, instruction, community work, social services etc.)
- Experience in using IT/digital tools such as Google Suite of Applications and/or Microsoft Office
- Exposure to working with underserved communities
- Completed an undergraduate/graduate degree programme of a recognized institution in a relevant programme
- Passion for community service, teaching and giving back to society
What will I do?
In this role you will:
- Prepare session plans independently or together with the team following SOLS 24/7 courses based on organizational methodology, curriculum and syllabus
- Deliver training as per the agreed hours scheduled for the assigned classes
- Proactively manage the classroom and ensure students are engaged and actively participate in lessons and classroom activities
- Assign tasks and homework to students as per the programme requirements
- Carry out all aspects of class management, administration coordination, including but not limited to attendance reports, assessments, progress reports, data collection (surveys, forms), safeguarding, focus group discussion and programme evaluations
- Report progress and provide updates to management and relevant stakeholders and maintain communication with management by preparing and sending reports on a regular basis
- Monitor and evaluate students consistently, including their attendance and progress in class and through the assignments or assessments given;
- Support the Programme Director in project implementation, including but not limited to managing programme documentation and reporting tools, planning programme events, and assisting in programme logistics;
- Other tasks as and when required
Interested in this position?