At SOLS 24/7, we transform communities through education and social enterprise programmes. With methodology specifically crafted to improve language skills, and courses for professional and life skills development courses, the team has succeeded in creating employment opportunities for communities that are most in need of assistance.
The organization is excited to work on new projects starting in November and is looking for Teacher-Trainer (Basic English, Digital Skills, Soft Skills) to deliver courses covering topics from English Language, Digital Skills (such as Word, Excel, PPT), and Soft Skills. The delivery is mainly online/remotely with Edtech being an important part of delivery, and not excluding the possibility of in-person classes in the future.
Offered candidates will undergo an onboarding and 2-week training programme. Upon successful completion of the training, the Teacher-Trainer (Basic English, Digital Skills, Soft Skills) will be guided by the Executive Director and Education Manager in the deployment of courses, inclusive of preparation, class delivery, and administration.
What do I get?
RM 2,500 - 3,000
An opportunity for growth - personally and professionally.
Create Real Impact
Know that the work you do changes lives every single day.
Work in the New Normal
Use technology to increase work productivity and effectiveness.
What do I need?
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
- Candidates must have completed an Undergraduate / Graduate Degree programme of a recognised institution in a relevant programme.
- TEFL certification, or other relevant English language certification, or teaching / training experience.
- Graduates of Education / Pedagogy / Social Sciences / Development Studies / Social Studies are welcomed to apply
- Minimum one year of prior professional experience in a related position is preferred.
Necessary technical, functional or language skills
- English proficiency (B2-C1 level);
- Bahasa Malaysia proficiency is a strong advantage;
- Must have basic IT / digital knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet;
- Passion for community service, edutech, teaching;
- Prioritises the beneficiaries, their needs and safeguards their best interest;
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the SOLS values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of SOLS;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships;
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff to facilitate the provision of support;
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously, in person and remotely;
- Consistently approaches work with a positive, constructive attitude, an eye for detail and seeking to improve processes;
- Demonstrates openness to feedback, improvement, change and has the ability to manage complexities.
What will I do?
- Prepare session plans independently or together with the team;
- Deliver online training as per the agreed hours and schedule for the assigned classes and proactively engage students;
- Manage the classroom and ensure students are engaged and actively participate in lessons and classroom activities;
- Design and deliver educational content as required by the organisation;
- Be able to teach and follow the SOLS 24/7 courses based on the organisation methodology, curriculum and syllabus;
- Implement the online learning tools and content required;
- Assign tasks and homework to students as per the programme requirements;
- Support students in assignment completion;
- Initiate discussions and actions that enable meeting or improving the students’ outcomes.
- Carry out all aspects of class management, administration and coordination, including but not limited to attendance reports, assessments, progress reports, data collection (surveys, forms), focus group discussion, programme evaluations;
- Monitor and evaluate students consistently, including their attendance and progress in class and through the assignments given;
- Report progress and provide updates to the management and relevant stakeholders and maintain communication with management by preparing and sending reports on a regular basis;
- Other administrative tasks, as and when required.
Interested in this position?