Are you the kind of web application developer that eats, sleeps & dreams about frameworks, programming languages and code? Then we are looking for you to join us on our journey to bring free digital education to the poor.
At SOLS 24/7, our mission is to serve, educate and empower the bottom 40% with free education, personal development & employment support. Proud creators of SOLS edu Pro (available on Google Play), our latest structured learning platform on mobile and web brings high-quality digital education with live teachers to those that need it the most.
Your role in our team will be to work closely with our Senior App Developer to deliver a seamless web app that is user-focused & user-driven, in order to enhance deliverability & learning experience of our users. Remote work possible.
What do I get?
What do I need?
- Diploma/Degree in Software, Programming or minimum 3 years experience in relevant fields
Necessary technical, functional or language skills
- Google cloud platform, Cloud functions, Cloud Pub/Sub
- Firebase platform
- Modern Web Developer flow
- Create complete web portals, frontend and backend with API.
- React Js, hooks
- React Material UI
- API, Web services
- REST API
- Bootstrap, HTML, CSS
- Google Material Design
Added advantage if knowledgeable in
- GIT, GITHUB
- PHP, WordPress
Preferred experience and knowledge
- Server Side: Node.js with Express for API and server side rendering, various distributed node.js microservices
- Infrastructure on Google Cloud: App Engine, Cloud Functions, Firebase, Cloud SQL, Cloud Storage, Cloud Build, and many more GCP services
- Understanding of SOLS 24/7 values, principles and objectives and demonstrated ability to put them into practice in the workplace;
- Proven ability in the areas of organization skills, conflict resolution, advocacy and group facilitation;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a multidisciplinary team;
- Ability to understand and use data to drive decision
- Ability to manage workload and deadlines efficiently
- Ability to adopt new technologies/software efficiently
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication and project management skills
What will I do?
- Manage and develop projects independently
- Build & manage custom-coded portals from scratch
- Upgrade & maintain portal; frontend & backend of the website as well as cloud platform.
- Testing frameworks to ensure web app is functioning at optimum level
- Data-driven implementation of features
- Monthly improvements to UI & UX