Confidence in Speaking: Start a Conversation with Anyone
- Age Group: 15 years old and above
- Duration: 1.5 hours
This class is applicable to all adults who have basic knowledge of the English language but lack the confidence to speak it when meeting people for the first time. Let’s face it – starting a conversation can be intimidating. We all know that it can be a challenge to find the right words the first time we meet someone. However, the ability to start a conversation is an excellent skill for building relationships and networking. Regardless of the situation or personality of the person you want to talk to, there are several effective ways to begin a conversation.
What will I learn during this course:
- How to Identify a speaking problem;
- Definition of the first impression;
- Use non-verbal strategies appropriately for positive evaluation.
What will I get from this course?
- Ways to overcome triggers and concerns in speaking.
- Use effective self-introduction techniques in casual and formal settings.
- Use non-verbal strategies that help create a good first impression.